This Philosophy was taught to J Lee Sensei and it is the one he also teaches his students.
Eight Precepts of Goju Ryu Karate-Do
1. The mind is one with heaven and earth.
2. The circulatory rhythm of the body is similar to the cycle of the sun and the moon.
3. The way of inhaling and exhaling is hardness and softness.
4. Act in accordance with time and change.
5. Techniques will occur in the absence of conscious thought.
6. The feet must advance and retreat, separate and meet.
7. The eyes do not miss even the slightest change.
8. The ears listen well in all directions.
"I believe these Eight Precepts are the essence of the martial arts. They are the elements which we are tying to achieve in our training in Goju Ryu Karate-Do. One should always be in harmony with training and try to be a person who serves society. I hope such training will finally lead us to rediscover our natural instincts and capabilities."
- Master Morio Higaonna
Rules and Disciplines
1. Discipline yourself to the rules and keep sacred the Martial Morality.
2. Understand Propriety and Righteousness
Love your country and respect your parents
3. Love your classmates and enjoy working together as a group
4. Control your desire and stay healthy
5. Work Hard, keep practicing and never let the skill leave your body
6. Learn How to keep the energy
Quit inciting a fight attitude
7. Always deal with the world matters with a kind attitude that is calm and gentle
8. Help the elderly and the children
use the martial mind to achieve Yan
9. Follow the former 8 rules and hold to the Ancestors rules sincerely
Lines of Thought